Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break: MOAB

So, ever since winter (and it seems a lot of spring) was so bitterly and utterly cold!!! I have been wanting to somehow get to the heat a little faster. I knew we needed to drive south! So for Kamara’s first ever spring break from ‘school’, we took our first family vacation to Moab! It was a blast! We were debating whether or not to go, I didn‘t know if the girls were too little to get much out of moab, and money, and bla bla bla…We were in Moab but a couple minutes, and I already knew it was going to be worth every cent!


The road trip was just the right length for my sweet husband:) minutes before Moab we saw a huge sand dune off the side of the road and stopped to explore, it was a blast…an awesome beginning to our arrival.








































































Then we got to our hotel, I was way impressed, it was perfect. There was a ton of land off the back of the out door pool, a park, grills, picnic tables, great playground, a beautiful view, and the biscuits and gravy were almost as good as Paul’s ;)






























































It was an exciting first day.
Amer's falling asleep eating her carrot at the pool






















Saturday was our first shot at hiking Arches National Park with the little ones. We had no idea what to expect. It was awesome! Every hike was so different. We went to landscape arch first, on daddy's behalf (I thought I'd combine his least favorite thing, hiking, with his most favorite, this arch is the length of a football field:) The girls were able to ride in the jogging stroller for this hike only.

We couldn't go under this arch cuz about 20 years ago a huge section of it came crashing down, it is barely holdin on.












I thought this picture was cute...we asked Kam to take it. Her first try was mostly us and she didn't get the arch, so we told her to only get the top half of our bodies so she could get the arch. This shot is her second attempt. I must say she follows directions quite well:)


























The second arch we went to had a sandy trail and the girls hiked most the way. The order of hikers in this picture reversed a few yards up the trail.









This arch we got to run around under it and do a lot of climbing, it was a blast. The girls first true hike. A lot of hiking memories from my childhood came back.

















After hiking it was back to the pool. Then Joe wanted to get the girls jewelry before we went to the fancy restaurant on a cliff that looked like it was about to topple over! called Sunset Grill.










The girls at the restaurant with their new rings and Amer's sporting her anklet














The view was gorgeous. We had a random man take the kissing pic, it was awkward and hilarious. I love the one of me and my girls looking at the sunset...I was bummed it was blurry. My 2 mega pics camera just couldn't cut it:(



I thought this picture should be on an add for the restaurant, after all it is called 'sunset' grill. Bring your shades:) The sun was blinding me for a few minutes before it set, but luckily I wore my glasses on my head that night for pure fashion... well, they came in handy.








Look at those natural curls...I love em!


Well, the next day, i relaxed with the picture taking. We hiked to two more arches. The first one was window arch and it had about 150 stairs (Kam counted:) on the trail up to the arch (about .5 miles) and Amarie insisted on walking up every stair the whole way, I was soo impressed. She walked all the way down too. Then we went to sand dune arch, it was awesome!! it was right off the road and super fun to play at! Over all, the girls did great!!! Brytinn was a tough cookie and Kam wanted to climb so high, she was scarin us. Joe and I had so much fun together. Thanks to his hard work day in and day out, I was able to plan this trip. I love you babe. You are my best friend!


While I was posting pictures, I thought I would post a few from the previous months...enjoy.

Christmas morning





Bonnie's home made PF Changs Desert


Our new cousin on daddy's side, Makayla


Off to pre-school for st. patties



The lovely spring weather..gurr

Easter


Cuteness at its max




Amarie loves to draw, and she really does draw, no scribbling
from this girl

5 comments:

Salem said...

Yay! I LOVE this new post! Your trip looks like SOOOOO much fun! I want to come there and go with you guys next time. ;) I need to call you...miss you!!! xoxoxo

maugers said...

What a great idea! I'm impressed with your hikers, and so glad that you had such a great time :) I laughed so hard at the sunset grill picture... it should be on their brochure :)

Brandon and Erica said...

So fun! Your family is so cute.

Without fail, everytime after we hang out with your little family Brandon always says, "They have the cutest girls." and "They are such good parents."

Just thought you should know you have a fan club over here :)

Love you-
xoxo

Lindsey said...

your little girls are so cute! i was so happy to see you did spring break in moab...it brings me back to my childhood trips there. i always love checking up on you guys through the blog, keep the posts coming!

Kyle and Serene Hardy said...

Love your pictures! I have some friends that went to Arches over spring break too. It makes me wish we went somewhere warm too! Your family is beautiful as always and you and your husband are too cute together!